Do you have extension cords? Do you use hoses in your garden? I have a few of both and until I found this tip they were annoying to store.
How do you sore them? Do you coil them? Do you wrap them around something? Do you make loops?
Today’s Tool Tip will help with the storage and carrying of your Hoses or Extension Cords!
A Cord or Hose Caddie will make your life easier, it did mine!
Materials you will need:
- A dowel or piece of scrap wood
- Some parachute cord, rope or bungee cord
- Drill and drill bit slightly larger than cord
- Drill one or two holes into the scrap wood
- if you drill two holes make them 1-2 inches apart
- Run the cord through the hole(s)
- Tie the ends into a knot (like the picture) or tie each end into a knot
- Make the dowel or piece of wood as wide or slightly wider than you hand
- If you are unsure how long to make the cordage, wrap it around the hose or extension cord to measure
- you can always make it shorter later if you need, but you can’t make it longer after you cut it
- You can hang this on a nail (see picture), or a peg-board, or hooks
- If you use bungee cord for this DIY project you can use them to secure tarps too
Have your Cord Caddie in your hand or pocket the next time you you roll or wrap it up and the carrying will be easier!
If you have any questions or comments on this DIY Project, please let me know!